first_imgGo back to the enewsletterThe earmarked return of service for Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection‘s Venice-based luxury ship River Countess has been pushed back a further two months. Originally scheduled to recommence operation this weekend after a collision with MSC Opera on 2 June, River Countess will now be out of action until early September 2019.Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection’s River Countess, after being struck by MSC Opera on 2 June 2019 in Venice | Image credit: AP Photo/Luca BrunoThe 130-passenger luxury ship, which is flagged to go into dry dock at the end of the year for a complete overhaul, is now expected to return to service on 8 September, operating from Venice to Milan.Uniworld CEO Ellen Bettridge said this week that, on final inspection of the ship, the damage was found to be more extensive than originally thought, requiring a longer time frame to repair.“We are as disappointed as our guests at having to cancel our remaining summer sailings aboard the River Countess, but with additional delays due to investigation by Italian authorities, we simply ran out of time to return her to her original condition,” Bettridge commented.Customers affected by the extended cancellation are being contacted by the Uniworld reservations team.“We have begun immediate outreach to our guests and travel advisor partners with this news and are offering options to rebook,” Bettridge remarked.Lead image: Photo credit: Luca BrunoGo back to the enewsletterlast_img

admin | 3216976577@qq.com

Related Posts

first_img More Valley freeways to be closed this weekend for improvements ___Associated Press writer Luis Andres Henao in Santiago, Chile, contributed to this report.(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.) Top Stories Meghan McCain to release audiobook on conservatism, family Think Tank analyzes the second round of Democratic debates Associated PressSANTIAGO, Chile (AP) – King Juan Carlos said Tuesday that Spain is going through the worse moment of its economic crisis but insisted government measures are working and the country is starting to recover.He spoke during a stop in Chile as head of a trade delegation to South America. It is his first major trip since he fell and broke a hip in April during an elephant-hunting trip in Botswana that angered Spaniards bearing the brunt of a deep economic crisis and crushing unemployment. New high school in Mesa lets students pick career paths Comments   Share   Sponsored Stories 5 things to look for when selecting an ophthalmologist Check your body, save your life “We’re likely facing the toughest moment of the crisis and undergoing the most painful treatment so far,” he said at a news conference at Chile’s presidential palace.But The 74-year-old monarch said belt-tightening measures have worked and “things are beginning to improve, public accounts are in much better shape than a year ago, the trade balance is healthier and we’re starting to recover lost competitively.”Spain has seen its borrowing costs surge in recent weeks as investors worry the government’s public finances might be overwhelmed by the cost of rescuing banks holding huge amounts of soured property investments. Spain is struggling with an unemployment rate of more than 24 percent, with more than 50 percent of people under age 25 out of work.The country has become the focus of Europe’s debt crisis because funding the country, the euro zone’s No. 4 economy, would stretch the region’s finances to breaking point.During the news conference, Chilean President Sebastian Pinera reassured Spanish investors that deals will be respected in his country. Argentina’s government expropriated YPF, Argentina’s largest energy company, from Spain’s Repsol this year. Bolivia nationalized a Spanish-held company that owned most of the Bolivian electricity grid. 3 international destinations to visit in 2019last_img

first_imgSource = Tourism New Zealand Tourism New Zealand chief executive resignsTourism New Zealand Chair Kerry Prendergast has today confirmed the resignation of Chief Executive Kevin Bowler after almost seven years leading the Crown Entity.Kevin leaves on 28 October 2016 to join Frucor Beverages Limited as its New Zealand CEO.Kerry says Kevin has transformed Tourism New Zealand into a high performing, digital-led, integrated marketing communications business with a clear mission and values that are shared by all its staff.“During his tenure, Kevin has reinvigorated the way the country is marketed, narrowing the organisation’s focus to people already ‘actively considering’ New Zealand and delivering significant value to the economy through the use of targeted digital media channels,” says Kerry.“He and his team have subsequently presided over some of the most extraordinary growth the industry has ever seen with visitor spend rising 25 per cent to $10.2b in the past twelve months alone.“Kevin joined Tourism New Zealand in January 2010 and led the organisation and industry through the recovery from the Canterbury earthquakes.“His time at Tourism New Zealand has been marked by the remarkable success of leveraging international attention gained from the Rugby World Cup and The Hobbit films; the inspiring approach to using international ambassadors in our promotion; expansion into new markets and sectors, and significant partnerships with aviation and digital media partners.“He ends his tenure having just announced Hollywood powerhouse James Cameron as the latest in a line of influencers who have thrown their voice behind the 100% Pure New Zealand campaign.“With the tourism industry delivering more value to the economy than ever before, Kevin leaves Tourism New Zealand is the best shape possible.“On behalf of the Board we wish to thank him for his work and commitment to success and wish him all the very best at Frucor.”Kerry says the Board will begin the process for replacing Kevin immediately with the first step being the appointment of an executive recruitment agency that will lead the search. Tourism New Zealandlast_img

first_imgButtressing the state’s position as a prime destination for Responsible Tourism, Kerala tourism has bagged a set of awards at FilmAT, one of the biggest international film festivals dedicated to tourism, art and ecology, in Poland.The state’s Responsible Tourism initiative won three gongs at the 11th edition of the festival held recently in the Polish city of Lublin, taking top honours for the ‘Best Promotional Social Campaign’ and in the ‘Protection of Nature’ and ‘Eco-Food’, categories for, respectively, the ‘New Worlds’ films ‘Sowing the Seeds of the Future’ and ‘A Taste of Life’.A fourth award, for ‘Best Editing’, was conferred on Kerala Tourism for the film ‘The Great Backwaters of Kerala’, which showcased life in and around the legendary backwaters.“Winning four awards at such a prestigious festival is a significant achievement for Kerala. It speaks to our commitment to realising the state’s potential for international tourism in a responsible manner – always with the best interests of the people and the environment at heart,” said A C Moideen, Minister for Tourism.Conceived and scripted by Stark Communications, and directed by Malayalam filmmaker Anwar Rasheed, the ‘New Worlds’ films are snapshot vignettes into one of the world’s best implemented Responsible Tourism campaigns.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *