first_imgA Thursday afternoon blaze in the kitchen and attic of a duplex unit in the Hough neighborhood damaged the residence and likely displaced the residents.Vancouver firefighters were called about 3:45 p.m. to 1204 W. McLoughlin Blvd. after a group of people driving by said they noticed smoke coming from the residence. They stopped to call 911 and knocked on the door, but no one was home at the time.Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the building’s attic, Vancouver Fire Department spokesman Joe Spatz said.“They went inside and found a small fire in the kitchen that they put out, and then they checked the attic,” Spatz said.The firefighters found another small fire in the home’s attic space and put it out as well. Spatz said the fire did not reach into the other unit of the duplex.Fire officials were still coordinating with residents in the evening, he said, but it appeared at least one person would be displaced.The Vancouver Fire Marshal’s Office was investigating.last_img read more